How Prestige & Villa help people buy property in Barbados
As estate agents with a strong track record with buying luxury homes in Barbados, we are the ideal professionals to help you achieve your Barbadian property ambitions. Buying a home overseas is a daunting prospect, but we make the process easier for buyers, and we look forward to assisting you.
We offer guidance, we talk you the process of Barbadian property deals, we introduce you to trusted professionals in Barbados, and we ensure the deal concludes quickly and as effortlessly as possible. When all you can focus on is enjoying the lifestyle by your pool in your Barbadian villa, you need help from trusted estate agents to buy with confidence.
What is the procedure involved with buying Barbadian property?
A quick overview of the steps involved with buying overseas property in Barbados includes:
- Look at luxury homes and villas in Barbados, narrowing down your options
- The buyer should have a mortgage agreed in principle, or at least be clear on what funding they have in place
- Carry out viewings (which we can do on your behalf) and then make an offer on a Barbadian home
- If the offer is accepted, the buyer and seller sign an initial contract
- The buyer pays a deposit on the property, traditionally 10% of the sales price
- The buyer arranges the mortgage
- A notary witnesses the sales contract being signed by the buyer and seller
- The buyer makes all final payments
As you can see, the buying process of Barbadian property isn’t that different from what is seen in the UK. Of course, there are some differences when buying property abroad, but this is why you should call on experienced estate agents to assist you.
We have helped many UK buyers purchase luxury villas and homes in Barbados, going from start to end with the buying process. To feel confident about buying your dream Barbadian home, turn to Prestige & Villa, the estate agents you can trust in Barbados.